According to my experience, stretching is one of the important tools to enhance workplace productivity and reduce workplace injuries. For prolonged sitting and sedentary lifestyles, stretching helps in overcoming body stress and fatigue. Whether it is a corporate sitting job or factory set up, this applies everywhere.
The irony is people stretch when they develop some major issues thinking of getting back to normal soon, rather one should make it a habit and do regularly to enjoy a lot of many benefits.
I strongly recommend to all the corporates to implement a stretching program into their system & give one of the best gifts to their employees.
Don't underestimate the importance of Stretching Exercises
Let me share the power of stretching exercise at the Workplace
- Helps in reducing major workplace injuries like Neck pain, Shoulder pain, Back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, Knee pain, Tennis elbow and many more
- Helps in reducing body fatigue — When there is enough blood flow, the body will feel lighter.
- Helps in improving blood flow and nutrients into the muscles
- Helps in improving Posture — stretching allows the muscle to realign and therefore reduces extra effort to achieve while maintaining correct body posture. Because of poor posture habits, some muscles adapted poorly to gravity.
- Helps in increasing muscle coordination & balance — stretching promotes opposite muscles and muscle groups make them work in a highly coordinated manner
- Helps in increasing the flexibility — As we know stretching increases blood flow to the muscles which results in an increase in flexibility.
- Helps in increasing the Range of Motion (ROM) — because of poor posture and sedentary lifestyle muscles become stiff & therefore reduces the range of motion of the joints.
- Helps in improving performance in any physical activity — All the sports activities focus on pre & post stretching regime to avoid unwanted injuries, due to which their performance can be enhanced.
- Helps in reducing overall stress
- Helps in decreasing muscle soreness — Whether it is a run or gym workout pre & post stretching play a major role in reducing muscle soreness.
Dose — Every hour each stretch for 3–5 times repetitions
Duration — Every stretch hold for 15–20 seconds
I recommend doing primarily those stretching where you face a major issue, suppose because of long-standing you feel tired legs and stiff back then invest that time to stretch calves, front thighs and lower back. There is no need to spend a lot of time and complete all exercises, though it's good if you have time and patience.
Leave a comment on which point you feel it's worth following.